.................................................................................

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Emerson Renee

Our baby girl has made her debut! Emerson Renee was born on May 17th at 7:53 pm. She was 6 weeks early and weighed 5 lbs and 7 oz and was 18.5 inches long. She is doing well and is breathing all on her own. Our was baby girl was born with an incredibly rare skin disorder though. She basically looks like she has a really bad sunburn which will cause her skin to peel and then reveal her "real" skin underneath. There is a 10% chance that she has perfect skin underneath or it could range from just dry skin to a pretty severe skin issue. We are praying our little miracle is a part of that 10%. She will probably be in the NICU for at least a few weeks while we get her skin situation figured out. Our girl is putting up quite the fight and proving everyone wrong on a daily basis by healing so quickly! Please pray for our sweet baby and specifically for her to have healthy skin and strength to get through the next few weeks.




Loves!


8 comments:

LC said...

Congratulations! Praying for your sweet girl and for you guys too as her mama and daddy:)

Lyndsay said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Emerson! Praying and thinking of you and your new little family! <3

Heather said...

Congratulations, girl! We spent 3 Weeks in NICU, so I know how terrifying it is. Let me know if you ever have questions or need to talk!

Ashley said...

Congrats!!! I bet she is beautiful! Can't wait to see pics!! I hope all is well and that her skin will end up being just fine!

Beth Ann said...

Congratulations! Will be praying for your sweet girl.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I will keep your family on my special preemie prayer list. My Daughter was born on March 26, 10 weeks early weighing 2 pounds 8 oz. We spent 7 weeks in the nicu. If you ever need anyth ok ng or just to talk you can always email me.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I will keep your family on my special preemie prayer list. My Daughter was born on March 26, 10 weeks early weighing 2 pounds 8 oz. We spent 7 weeks in the nicu. If you ever need anyth ok ng or just to talk you can always email me.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I will keep your family on my special preemie prayer list. My Daughter was born on March 26, 10 weeks early weighing 2 pounds 8 oz. We spent 7 weeks in the nicu. If you ever need anyth ok ng or just to talk you can always email me.